mercredi 2 janvier 2008

Band name challenge, the Xtraordinary X mystery

Congratulations, you've just been solicited to participate in the first 2008 inter-blog band name challenge ! The aim : try and find good group names starting with every letter of the alphabet from A to Z. You find a good band corresponding to a letter, then you tell a friend to try the same with the next one, and so on.

Thanks to Karin, who boldly defeated the W Wrestler Witch, I've been given the X. Believe me, there are 6 english words in my Cobuild Dictionnary starting with an X : xenophobia, xenophobic, Xerox, xmas, x-ray and xylophone. I was a bit disapointed as I realized there was no group name like xmas pudding, xylophone toothed peas or xenophobia grandma - , and would have they existed I'm not sure they would have been granted the good adjective (see the worst band names of 2007 for some fun)...

I had to take another direction and find false answers, like Christopher Cross (got it ?) who made us dance long times ago with Ride like the wind, or Ten years after (XXth century band). I finally tried the xtra trick and got to the best car with fire eagles, cofee machine and flat screens designer among west coast hip hop stars, the Xtraordinary Xzibit. Funny, I have absolutely no idea of what his music worth, since I don't listen to this kind of hip hop, but I grant his the title of best (and unique) starting-with-an-X group I know !

Will Anders find a better X-group or try the Y one ?

2 commentaires:

Ndesh a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Ndesh a dit…

It's out there!